Friday, January 5, 2018

ABSTRACT PAINTING "Lumina" by Elizabeth Chapman



LUMINA

Acrylic on 24" x 48" canvas

Available


To purchase:

Email: elizabethchapmanart@gmail.com

Website: HERE



I've been experimenting and learning many different ways of using yellow as I created for myself the 2018 Color Year challenge. Each month I'll be working primarily with a different color.  Beginning here with January it's been yellow.  I'm learning that with such an intense color such as yellow it really doesn't take much to feel like you've got a mostly yellow painting. 

I've always used much yellow in mixing my color palette but not much in using it straight out as a primary color.  I realized this as I went back to viewing my portfolio in my website . However, I did find this painting, LUMINA.  This is one is from 2014 and is available. 

Pretty bold use of color!

The first post of the year "Forever White" can be seen: HERE



Yellow is not an in-between color, your either all in or you’re not....Mobolaji Dawado



Thanks for viewing...Elizabeth




No comments: